Fox Community Report: July-Aug. 2021Posted on by Fox Communities
Taking a look back at the fun we had with the communities that make up the Fox Communities Credit Union
SEYMOUR FARMERS MARKET – June, July and August 2021
Fox was a sponsor again for the market which just continues to grow. This year, the local greenhouse took it over and they’ve done a great job of getting old and new vendors to their weekly market!
APPLETON SIGNS FACELIFT PROJECT – July 2021
In 2019, Fox Communities Credit Union worked with the city of Appleton and The Refuge to create beautiful pieces of art to welcome people into downtown Appleton. Each sign has a verse for a song Cory Chisel and kids from Big Brothers/Big Sisters wrote, the Song of Appleton. The signs provide an artistic look for the city and pulls inspiration from the original music and art we all love. We wanted to create something that feels urban and embraces the community we call home. These beautiful wood pieces were stunning when we placed them around Appleton, but with our wonderful Wisconsin weather, they showed signs on fading. We used a painting company (a Fox Communities Credit Union Business Member) to help us give all four signs a facelift.
GOAT YOGA w/DOCK SPIDERS – July 16
It’s our first year supporting the Dock Spiders in Fond du Lac, and we are on the tickets, signage in the ballpark, and we sponsored the first goat yoga with LaClare Family Creamery goats. Almost every player did yoga with the goats, and it brought a lot of laughs from the fans.
PAPERFEST BALLOON GLOW – July 17
Fox was Paperfest’s Balloon Glow sponsor once again. There were five balloons, including our own “Fox’s Wind Rider” balloon…. always a fan favorite at this event!
NEW LONDON BEER TASTING – July 23
This first year was an outdoor event this year due to the pandemic. With an 80s theme, and beer and wines from all over the country, how can you not have a great time? Many of our team members from our New London branch volunteered at this event, of which Fox Communities Credit Union is a proud sponsor!
THERN FAMILY FARM FAIR DAYS – July 24
This was the first time Thern Farms reached out to Fox to sponsor their “Fair Days,” and three of our New London team members passed out some yummy cotton candy to the attendees that got to see trick cyclists do their magic!
BAZAAR AFTER DARK – July 28
Fox was the presenting sponsor of the Bazaar After Dark this summer. The weather played a bit of a factor in attendance this year, but due to the complex nature of the event and many vendors and artists traveling to Neenah for the event, it could not be rescheduled. The event was moved up an hour to let guests enjoy all of the “cool vibes” of the Night Market before the storms blew in! Street performers, craft artisans, live music, and lots of food make this event something you will have to check out if you haven’t been to one in the past!
MILE OF MUSIC – August 5-8
Mile of Music was a bit different this year, thanks to the ongoing COVID pandemic, but that didn’t stop an almost record number of music-lovers from coming out to enjoy the performances. And plans are already in place to make the 2022 Mile of Music better than ever before.
BIKE TO THE BEAT – August 7
Boy, did it feel good to have Bike to the Beat return for 2021! Riders were thrilled to be back on the course. This year, we ended up with 1,916 riders and $35,000 raised for the Fox Cares Foundation!
IgNIGHT MARKET RETURNS IN AUGUST – Coming Back in August!
OnBroadway Inc. is preparing for the upcoming igNight Market on August 21. The traveling night market will feature a hot air balloon glow, as well as live music!
60-Minute Radio Show
On Monday, August 9, we hosted our sixth radio show: Bringing it to You Straight – Straight Answers to your Financial Questions! This month, Cathy Harvath opened the show by talking with Hayley about the big Bike to the Beat event over the weekend. Dave Thone discussed what financial wellbeing is, and talked about some of the services we offer to our members to help them achieve it. Finally, Chad Urban took to the airwaves to talk about some investment basics and the types of services our investment services can offer. We will be once again post a recording of the show in our website blog. If anyone was unable to listen live and would like to listen, they will be able to do so at any time!
- Milwaukee Zoo, Great America, and Noah’s Ark Tickets – Discounted tickets will be available in all the branches by mid-June. Fox does not upcharge the tickets and we are one of the largest sellers of tickets for Great America and Noah’s Ark in the state.
- Virtual Bike to the Beat – Aug 8- Aug 31, still a little skittish to hang out with other bike riders?? It’s ok! You can still ride the Bike to the Beat route all on your own! Bike on a day that works best for you and still get some of the awesome perks of the live event!
- Greater Fox Cities Chapter of Credit Unions – Monday, August 9; rescheduled August 31Stock the Shelves Golf outing at Mid Vallee
- Seymour Burger Fest/Balloon Rally – Aug 13-14- Seymour.
- Darboy Balloon Glow – August 18- Darboy Community Park.
- Give Back Summer Bash – August 19, at the Timber Rattler Stadium, from 12:30-3:30. Fox is sponsoring this event that takes many volunteers to different places that need volunteers and then we all meet back at the stadium to see what we’ve all accomplished for an afternoon. Volunteers are all welcome to join us.
- Metro Jam – August 20-21 -Downtown Manitowoc.
- Appleton North Stadium Open House – August 20, 5:30 pm, Fox is the proud owner of the stadium, come check it out!
- Rawhide – August 20, Fox is the sponsor of the band at the last Fish Fry of the year
- Lakeshore Balloon Glow- August 20- Downtown Manitowoc.
- Soar the Shore, Algoma – August 21. Come and see the kites preform on Crescent Beach!
- Thern Farm, New London – August 21, Harness races and free popcorn from Fox Volunteers.
- Green Bay Balloon Glow/August igNight Market- August 21 – Leicht Park, Green Bay.
- Drive to End Alzheimer’s – August 22 – The Automobile Gallery, Green Bay
- Murals & Busker Festival – Aug 26-29 – Broadway District, Green Bay.
- Kites Over Lake Michigan – September 4-5 – Two Rivers High School.
- Petal to Pittsfield – September 11 – Pulaski FCCU & the Pittsfield Community Park. Petal your bike from the branch to the park on the bike trail! Fun games, activities, the FCCU hot air balloon… will all be held in our parking lot!
- Movie in the Park Bellevue – September 11- Bellevue Park and Rec.
- September igNight Market- Sept 18 –Neville Public Museum.
- Green Bay Gamblers Teddy Bear Toss– October 2
- October igNight Market– Oct 16- Mason St/Broadway.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Taste of the Town Green Bay– October 29
- Celebration of Lights, Friday, Dec. 3; Menomonee Park, Oshkosh, free admission, also Toys for Tots drive.
Leave a Comment