With reports of COVID-19 dominating every media outlet, there’s no doubt we all have a lot on our minds. If you’re uncertain about how to handle your finances, consider the ways that BALANCE, a financial literacy program, can help.
Fox Communities has offered BALANCE for several years. We want you to know that their Financial Counselors are ready to offer support during this time (and always). This program is offered, free-of-charge, to our members!
Balance Financial Counselors can:
- Help you understand your financial picture.
- How much money do you have? How long will it last? How much work (unpaid) will be missing? What bills are coming up? What is the financial gap?
- Help prioritize payments.
- Should housing be paid first? Can student loans be deferred for six months? Where do I start?
- Offer solutions that will help increase cash flow during this temporary setback
- How can I take advantage of: skip-a-pay, loan extensions, loan modifications, low interest loans for disaster recovery, or waived fees? Should I call my creditors/lenders to seek temporary relief?
- Contact a Financial Coach
- To get the answers to your financial questions, the BALANCE Financial Coaches are standing by ready to serve with on-demand financial counseling.
- Call toll-free: 1-800.777.7526.
Central time: Monday–Thursday 9:30 AM–8 PM
Friday 9:30 AM–7 PM
Saturday 11 AM–4 PM
Don’t want to contact a Balance counselor, but would like information?
Visit our BALANCE webpage to learn more about the services they offer.
Some suggested reading:
Surviving a Financial Crisis, (a great financial tool-kit)
What to do if your income is reduced?
Cut these costs immediately if you are facing a financial hardship